Saturday, November 22, 2014

Trademark infringement?

At the grocery store where I work, I recently discovered a very interesting coincidence between the names of two completely different products. Kellogg's has a chocolate cereal called Krave that has been out for a few years now. But last week, I found out that there is now a brand of gourmet beef jerky that is also called Krave, spelled the same but in a different typeface. I've heard all about lawsuits for trademark and copyright infringements, and it makes me wonder if something like that could ever happen with the two Kraves. The cereal as far as I know came first, so it would be easy to get mad at the makers of the beef jerky for "copying" the name of the cereal. But more than likely it's a complete coincidence. Still, I can't help but be a little confused at these two different foods bearing the same brand name - it's mind-boggling.


No comments:

Post a Comment