Sunday, November 2, 2014

"Falling back" means more darkness

We turned out clock an hour back last night for daylight saving time. Now sunset will be an hour earlier as we continue through autumn and head toward winter. Where I live, sunset now is at about 5:00 due to the time change. That's one of my favorite things about this time of the year - it feels like 10 pm when it's only 6:30. Some people think we don't need daylight saving time anymore, but I personally think it's a nice tradition. Only at the beginning of November do we have a day that's 25 hours long. Of course, Arizona and Hawaii never reset their clocks twice a year like the other 48 states, so opponents of daylight saving time could be happy to live there. But like I said, I'm all for keeping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment