Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Letting my voice be heard

Yesterday I voted for the first time in a real election. I registered to vote last year and I was finally able to use my right to vote and let it be known which candidates I supported for each office. Like most states, I got to vote for a governor (my state, Maryland, was getting a new governor no matter what) as well as a county executive, state senators and representatives, county councilman and other offices. There were also some questions about amendments to the state constitution. I was most concerned about the gubernatorial race, and even though my candidate didn't win, I still feel proud that I was finally able to have a say in a state election and that all of my votes count for something. And even though I may not agree with some political views, I should still respect them and those who support them.

No comments:

Post a Comment