Monday, November 24, 2014

The bliss of multiple Thanksgiving meals

One of the good parts of having divorced parents is two of everything, including Thanksgivings. This year, I am to go to my dad's house for Thanksgiving, since it's an even year. That means last night we had an impromptu Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house, since it was the closest possible day to actual Thanksgiving that we were able to do it with her. Today at the store where my mom and I work, they had a potluck lunch and she brought the sweet potatoes with the mini marshmallows on top. But I was off today, meaning I missed it, and the only reason I knew about it is because yesterday someone told me to remind her to bring the sweet potatoes. Then when I got home she was making them as well as the turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and cranberry sauce we had for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment