Sunday, August 3, 2014

I'm getting good at Tetris

Tetris is that colorful tile-matching game that was introduced three decades ago, and has made many people addicted to it, one of whom is myself. But even though I like Tetris, I used to not be very good at it. I just didn't have a great understanding of the concept of the game, and I was especially bad at switching tiles to make them fit next to the squares around them.

However, I've been playing several different versions of Tetris lately, and I seem to have learned a bunch of things about it pretty fast. I'm now better at keeping up with the ever-increasing speed of the tiles as the game progresses, and that has helped me to reach some new levels. But I'm still prone to just letting them all stack up to the top of the board and end the game. Still, I enjoy Tetris even more now than I did before because I'm better at it. I think it's just a coincidence that this comes just after the game's 30th anniversary, which just happened in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment