Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween

To me, Halloween is mostly just candy and pumpkins. And that's what it's been like this year. In fact, stores were selling Halloween stuff at the end of August, two months in advance. Now that stuff will be replaced by Christmas stuff. In the days leading up to Halloween, I ate some candy corn, a caramel pumpkin and Halloween Tic Tacs as well as some homemade Halloween cookies.

This evening I was supposed to go to a Halloween party about 20 miles from my house, but this morning it was canceled for unknown reasons. That was a bummer because I was going to eat even more junk and take pictures for this blog post and Flickr. But this meant I could relax at home. I got to listen to trick-or-treaters come and go, and eat some candy out of the bowl that my mom was giving to kids from. We had a lot of leftover candy, as we do every year. That enabled me to continue the sugar rush I started the day before. Yesterday and today I ate some Skittles, Starburst, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Kit Kats and Snickers. I'll admit that the candy is why Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year. But that's not to say that I don't like the pumpkins and ghosts and all of that stuff.


This year we just set out some smaller pumpkins on the porch instead of carving and lighting one or two bigger ones.

I went through two big bags of candy corn in three days.

This is supposed to be a ghost hanging from above the porch but it looks more like some sort of angel.

On my latest pack of Starbursts I decided to eat one flavor at a time. These are the lemon and orange Starbursts after I had eaten the strawberry and cherry ones.

My mom was giving out chocolate candies like Milky Ways and 3 Musketeers. These were among the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment