Sunday, October 5, 2014

College art

I am currently in an art class at my college which focuses on 2D design. I'm taking that class because it is the first class in the recommended course sequence for graphic design majors. I guess I'm doing okay in it but I could use work on some things. I have realized that I have a very abstract style in my works, and in this class I am for the most part encouraged to use this style, especially since some of our assignments are based on abstraction. Our last assignment was a monochromatic painting that was supposed to be a visual representation of a song of our choice. We had to mix black, white and the random color we got in our kits (mine was magenta) and use different shades and shapes that complemented the overall tone of the song. Our project this week is to create a self-portrait using holes punched from cyan, magenta, yellow and black paper, giving it a so-called CMYK scheme. I am looking forward to our other assignments for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment