Monday, December 29, 2014

Finally, an NHL Winter Classic hosted by my team

The NHL Winter Classic, an outdoor hockey game that was first played in 2008 in Buffalo, New York, is finally going to be hosted by my team, the Washington Capitals in Washington, DC. The Capitals previously appeared in the 2011 Winter Classic in Pittsburgh, where they defeated the Penguins 3-1. I won't really care about the outcome of the actual game, especially since the Capitals have won it before. The away team does have a history of winning this game. I'm just happy that Washington will finally be in the spotlight in an outdoor NHL game, since in their first Winter Classic it was all about Pittsburgh, a party we would end up spoiling. It would be even more incredible if my Capitals won a second outdoor game, this time against the Chicago Blackhawks. But overall, I'm going to enjoy the atmosphere and the honor of having attended two Winter Classic games.

No comments:

Post a Comment