Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My iPod game obsessions

I've been spending a lot of time playing iOS games ever since I got my iPod Touch in October. Here is the order in which I have been addicted/obsessed with these games.


  • Mid-October to early November and late January-early March: Fruit Ninja

  • Mid-January to late February and within the past week: Bejeweled

  • Late February to mid-March: PBA Pro Bowling Challenge

  • Early March to early May and since early June: Real Racing 3

  • Early May to mid-June: 2048


  • Within the past week: White Tile (from the same company as 2048)

  • Also within the past week: Solitaire

Notice that I took a break in December and most of January. That was because I was bored with the games I had at that time but I didn't think there was anything good on the App Store. However now I have found a lot of games I like in the months since then.

Sometimes when I like a game, I play it so much that I treat it like my life depends on it. This is evident in my various stats on the Game Center, Apple's official gaming network for mobile devices. I get points and badges and other rewards for reaching levels or getting some special achievements. This makes me want to be more competitive in the game, which is probably the main goal of the network. However, it also leads to me pushing back important work in favor of playing games on my iPod Touch.

So there you have it. I like mobile games because I think they have excellent graphics and gameplay features, and I could really play them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment