Friday, September 12, 2014

One year working at ShopRite

On this day last year, I had my very first shift at the ShopRite grocery store somewhat close to my house. I started out as a cashier but now I am a porter (the guys who take the carts back). I also do other things like taking trash to the back and returning items that people don't want and the cashiers take back to customer service. Lately I've been working weekends (Sundays only for the past three weeks) in the morning and early afternoon, and getting about $40 per week. I could use some work on doing things properly in my job and I can't say I always enjoy it. Also there's a possibility that I could get moved to yet another department but that's another story. I don't know yet if I'll be working at ShopRite and I don't expect to, but it just might turn out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment