Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Baltimore-Washington World Series?

The Baltimore Orioles of the American League and the Washington Nationals of the National League have both clinched their respective Major League Baseball divisions, AL East and NL East, putting them in the playoffs. This is the Orioles' first division title since 1997, their last playoff berth for 15 years. The Nationals also won the NL East title two years ago, when they made the playoffs for the first time since their move from Montreal in the 2004-05 offseason. The Orioles and Nationals are both better than they were in 2012, when they both suffered divisional round losses. Some fans are even predicting that they might end up playing each other in the World Series. It would be the Orioles' first since their 1983 championship and the Nationals' first ever.

Although I live closer to Baltimore, I have been a Nationals fan since they came to Washington (but I did root for the Orioles before that). I have to go through Baltimore on my way to Washington, which involves passing by Camden Yards, home of the Orioles and football Baltimore Ravens. So it could feel awkward to me if the Nationals face the Orioles in the World Series. But I wouldn't really care who won, since I would get to be part of a championship celebration no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment