Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My power went out yesterday

Yesterday the weather here was sunny with almost no clouds. So we were surprised when the power went out just before four o'clock in the afternoon. It turned out a car hit a pole a couple of miles down the road. That's the cause of almost all of our power outages in our neighborhood. And yet when we have a strong thunderstorm or ice storm or hurricane, we almost never lose our power, and if we do it's just for a couple of minutes. Yesterday's outage was just under seven hours.

We were first told that our power would come back on no earlier than 6:45. I left to go to a meeting at 5:30 and I expected our power to be back on when I got home. I arrived back at about 8:30 and the neighborhood was still dark. We finally got our power back at 10:30, just as I was going to bed. It wasn't the first time this had happened, and it probably won't be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment