Saturday, January 24, 2015

I made it to work today!

Back on Sunday I aborted my drive to work about a third of the way there because the roads were so icy from freezing rain and I even spun. Yesterday evening it snowed and I was afraid I would have to ride to work with my mom or her guy friend (who both have cars with better tires). But this morning my mom said it was probably safe for me to drive myself. My driveway was slushy and a bit icy, but the roads were all fine except for a little slush. I slowed down while driving across the two short bridges along the way in case they were icy. I had also checked traffic online before I left and also a local fire station's Facebook page but the roads were mostly problem-free. Needless to say I made it all the way to work this time. Oh, and I did already drive once since Sunday, and that was going to the bank on Tuesday when the roads were much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment