Saturday, January 18, 2014

I had a very productive day at work

I went to ShopRite today for a rare Saturday shift and I kept myself occupied all day. The highlight of the day came just before 3:00 when I was about to go on break (go figure). There was a HUGE tomato sauce spill at the front of an aisle that was caused by several jars of sauce falling. There was tomato sauce and glass everywhere! I was barely prepared to handle a mess that big. It took us nearly half an hour to clean it all up. I finally went on break but the tomato sauce incident made me decide to cut it short because I had to go outside and put carts back to the front of the store. I always do carts right before and right after I go on break, so that's what I had been doing before the tomato sauce situation, as I had naturally anticipated that I would go on break within a few minutes after I finished moving that round of carts. But at the very moment I was called over to help with the situation, and just two minutes before I was going to go inside anyway to go on break, I was helping a customer with the Redbox machine at the front of the store that rents DVDs, Blu-ray Discs and video games to people. But someone else took over that for me.

Some of my other accomplishments today: I took more than five big carts and more than six small carts back to the front of the store at once for the first time (those are the maximums we're allowed to do at once so I technically broke a rule lol), utilized a budget for once while buying stuff for my break and operated the machine that compresses our used cardboard boxes for recycling.

I get to go back tomorrow for five more hours and do the same things! It will be another day full of responsibilities and challenges. And that's what I like about this job. I can handle many things that need my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment