Saturday, November 23, 2013

Called into work this morning

Today (Saturday) I was going to stay at my house all day and be lazy. But at about 6:45 this morning my mom woke me up and said somebody called out of the grocery store where I work as a porter, and they wanted to know if I could fill in for them. I didn't want to, of course. But then my mom said I would get paid extra money for this unscheduled shift. I'm always wanting money to buy things so then I said yes, I would go to work this morning. It was a six-hour shift from 8 to 2. I kind of prefer working in the morning over my usual shift, 12 to 5. It still felt like a normal day at work and no one mentioned that I wasn't scheduled to be  there today. So the bottom line: I hated going into work on such short notice, but at least I made some extra money from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment